Illuminator of the New Orleans Mystique
Lafcadio Hearn lived and worked in New Orleans from 1877 to 1887. His writing was important in popularizing the city's unique reputation.
- “Lafcadio Hearn: A Pen-Picture”, by Elizabeth Bisland Wetmore, 1906
- “Lafcadio Hearn”, by Charles W. Kent, 1907
- “La Cuisine Creole: The First Creole Cookbook”, by Adrian N. McGrath, OldNOLAJournal.Blogspot.com, 2009
- “ Lafcadio Hearn: How an Irishman Managed to Write the First New Orleans Creole Cookbook”, by Adrian N. McGrath, IrishAmericanJournal.com, 2017
- The Lafcadio Hearn Collection, Cincinnati Public Library
- Googling Lafcadio Hearn, New Orleans
This guide to New Orleans is sponsored by Mitchells Publications.
Copyright © 2006–2017 Patricia B. Mitchell.